Havana Home may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Personal information we collect
When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you.
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- residential or business address;
- email address;
- post code;
- telephone number;
We may also collect information from you that is not personal information because it does not identify you personally. This information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
- your shopping preferences and a list of products and services you have purchased from Havana Home. This may include your shopping history, product types, specifications, sizes, dimensions, colours, occasion date, or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future;
- information we require to deliver, service or fulfil warranty obligations for products or services;
- your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail, or other);
- information you provide to us via our customer service centre, website, social media, or directly to team members within our stores in relation to our products and services; and
- device identification information when you use a computer, mobile phone, smart phone, tablet, or other device to interact with us through our online store www.havanahome.com.au. This information may include session cookies, your device IMEI number, IP address or MAC address.
We may use temporary (session) cookies or permanent cookies when you access our website. This allows us to recognise your browser and track the web pages you have visited.
- place items in your shopping basket;
- keep track of your current order;
- help identify you as you move around Circa Home’s website; and
- provide site usage information which, together with purchasing information, will help us improve and develop products and services we offer.
These cookies do not store any personal information. You will need to enable cookies in order to use this website to register your details and to make purchases.
Havana Home has also implemented and use Display Advertising through the Google Analytics and Facebook features for Display Advertising (e.g. Remarketing for Facebook and Google).
You can choose to opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ads Preferences Manager.
If you send us personal information that we have not requested, or we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary or directly related to any of our functions or activities, we may de-identify or delete this information without notifying you to protect your privacy.
How we collect your personal information
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you access and use our website;
- during conversations with our team members;
- when you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means); or
- when you interact with us during promotions, competitions or special events.
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties.
If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) form, this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
Data Collection and Accuracy
Any personal and non-personally identifiable information which you provide through this website or which Havana Home collect shall be used for statistical and marketing purposes (only with aggregated data), processing your order, managing your account, responding to any comments or questions you may have and – if you agree – Havana Home may occasionally contact you by email about forthcoming events, products and promotions.
Havana Home will endeavour to ensure that reasonable steps are taken to create accurate records of any personal information you provide through this website. However, we do not assume responsibility for confirming ongoing accuracy of your personal information.
Should any of your personal details change, or should you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you may update your details or choose to opt-out at any time by visiting the "My Account" page.
If you advise us that your personal information is no longer accurate we will make corrections as far as is practicable. Please update your records if any of the information you submitted during registration changes.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Circa Home take the privacy of our customers very seriously and we are committed to protecting the security of your data, both on and off line. For security reasons Circa Home strongly recommend that you do not send credit card numbers by standard email and only use the secure facility provided on our website.
Although Havana Home do our best to protect any personal information which you submit, the internet is not completely secure and as such we cannot guarantee the security of your data submitted to Havana Home through this website or any Application, any transmission is at your own risk.
When you shop on Havana Home’s website, we ask you to input personal information such as your name, email address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections and credit/debit card information.
When you submit your personal information on this website you will be asked to consent to the processing and transfer of your personal information at the checkout stage, as set forth in this policy.
If we are unable to collect your personal information
If we are unable to collect your personal information, some or all of the following may occur:
- we may be unable to provide products or services to you, to the requested standard or at all;
- we may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about products and services that you have purchased from us, or may intend to purchase in the future;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our marketing communications to suit your preferences; or
- your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect.
Purpose of collection of your personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (“Purpose”):
- to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- to provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- to carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way Havana Home provides products and services to you;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you; or
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
Disclosure of your personal information
Havana Home use other companies to perform functions on our behalf in relation to the purposes included within this policy. Such functions include credit/debit card validation and authorisation, webhosting, data analysis, order fulfilment and mailings.
Any third party used by Havana Home may be provided with access to your personal information, but only where this information is relevant for them to perform their functions. Havana Home always stipulate that third parties adhere to the same procedures that we follow with respect to your personal information.
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- if you are a candidate for an employment position involving a third party with whom we have an agreement, to that third party to assess your application; and
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services offered by us or our retail brands, partners or suppliers via email, SMS, or regular mail.
If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us (see contact information below). You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received. You may also update your personal information by editing your online profile.
We do not provide your personal information to any other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
How you may access your information
You may access your personal information held by Havana Home by making a request to us via email to email@example.com
The postal address for Havana Home is: Havana Home, PO Box 720, St Ives, 2071
You may also access your own information where it is held via on online portal by accessing your own account over the internet.
Normally we will provide a record of your personal information to you via your preferred contact method (phone, email or mail), and we will not charge a fee.
If your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy of others we may reasonably refuse to provide access to your personal information.
Correction of your personal information
If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments.
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information above setting out the circumstances and reasons for your complaint.
Our team members will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 24 hours, and will normally respond to your request within 5 business days. If your complaint is complicated or requires further investigation our response may take additional time to finalise.
We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.
Overseas disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with a Purpose.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The postal address for Havana Home is: Havana Home, PO Box 720, St Ives, 2071